St Peter's Church

The church of St Peter’s was consecrated in April 1880 and took just over two years to complete for the princely sum of £2000. The cornerstone of the building was laid by Mrs De Winton of Grafton Brewery in the September 1878. On the day the church was consecrated the Bishop of Hereford preached from the Scriptures, Chronicles, chapter 22; “arise, therefore, and build ye the sanctuary of the Lord”. The first hymn sung at St Peter’s was, “The Church’s one foundation”. The church was designed by Mr Kempson of Hereford in the early English style. St Peter’s at Bullinghope was officially joined with the parish of St Martin’s as part of a reorganizational parish arrangement.