St Peter's Church News

November Services


Sunday 4th  11:15am  Family Service

Sunday 11th 10:45am Remembrance Service

Sunday 18th 11:45am Holy Communion

Sunday 25th 11:45am Holy Communion


The changes in the clergy team mean that we have had to slightly rearrange the services at St Peter’s. Morning services will continue to be at 11:15 am and at least twice a month this will be Holy Communion. Baptisms and other events that are already in the diary mean that the changeover to the new pattern will be a little protracted, and for the next few months the pattern may not be fixed. We will try to ensure that there is as much notice as possible of the service pattern each month and to get to a fixed pattern as soon as is practical.

History of the Church


The church of St Peter’s was consecrated in April 1880 and took just over two years to complete for the princely sum of £2000. The cornerstone of the building was laid by Mrs De Winton of Grafton Brewery in the September 1878. On the day the church was consecrated the Bishop of Hereford preached from the Scriptures, Chronicles, chapter 22; “arise, therefore, and build ye the sanctuary of the Lord”. The first hymn sung at St Peter’s was, “The Church’s one foundation”. The church was designed by Mr Kempson of Hereford in the early English style. 

This week's news sheet for South Wye, Hereford
pub File [979.0 KB]